Question

1 answer to this question

Before directly answering your question we need to understand what are the causes of Parkinson's disease.

Dr B has made some excellent video presentations on this subject which we can summarize.

Like all abnormal conditions of the body particular stressors are involved, and in the cases of neuro-degenerative abnormality such as Parkinsons it could well be physical trauma, possibly experienced years before or a nutrient deficient/Toxic lifestyle which equates to a physical and chemical/emotional stressor respectively.

Parkinson's is a problem associated with movement control within the brain called the Basal Ganglia which is shown below :

2m3axbDp6Ws8cF1qLLjMCvi-5iMLJhj8C1QV3S8XSAp8p6cR7AUhN0Gmbst0Rknv2JbxlLwIly6oiYoUTis46VXXtvJwbZcZMSs9MmobRo079LUW7HY6quT5J7XL2vQAMzDAmiWq

There are 2 pathways, the Direct pathway that provides movement, and the indirect pathway that dampens movement and prevents the wrong muscles to move, for instance if you want to kick a ball, you don’t want both legs to kick the ball.  

Since the substantia nigra component of the Basal Ganglia is located at the bottom of the brain proper and near the midbrain and Pons region of the brain stem, trauma that impacts this area can destabilize the normal arch of the neck creating a loss of normal curve, and an abnormal forward head carriage compromising signal transfer ( for nerve impulses for propioception and movement etc ) from the spinal cord up the signal processing center of the brain.

Therefore, multiple chiropractic corrective sessions can readjust the neck, restoring the loss of curve in the neck and the patient will gradually resume normal head posture.

Dr B in his video 'Solutions to Parkinson's' highlighted in Justin's response explains The Vertical Sublaxation Complex (VSC) that defines the primary nerve impulse pathways afforded by the brain stem and spinal cord; once treated by chiropractic adjustment, can improve the loss of normal vertebral positioning and motion ( Kinesiopathology) and pathological changes in the spinal musculature such as muscle hypertonicity ( stiffness ), spasms. tremor etc ( Myopathogy).

Kinesiopathology tends to manifest itself first sometime after the traumatic event followed by Myopathogy.

Furthermore, the Journal of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research says that ' Hyperafferent ( excitable nerve signals from the body to the brain) activation of the sympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system can lead to sub clinical ischemia ( inadequate blood supply) causing the neurons to hibernate or go into a wait state until they are enriched with what they need to function.

As Dr B states neurons are either on or off and a certain input level causes the neurons to fire, but the sympathetic system when activated causes blood restriction to the neurons triggering this cerebral penumbra.

If you consider some of Dr B patients who have Parkinson's symptoms, which Dr B has reversed within 3 months in some cases by restoring normal blood flow to the affected neurons from the chiropractic adjustments.

What happens is that the Substantia nigra which synaptically connects to the inhibitory neuron connecting the Striatum to the Globus Pallidus Internal, transmits dopamine across the synapse making the  Globus Pallidus Internal turn down’ even more, lessening the inhibition toward the Thalamus making it more active sending more excitation to the motor cortex affecting more movement to the muscle. In turn this should reduce the Parkinson's symptoms.

In concert with the physical adjustments the journal of clinical neurology states that :

Aerobic physical exercise activates the release of neurotopic factors and promotes Angiogenesis ((formation of new blood vessels) thereby facilitating Neurogenesis ( growth and development of nerve tissue) and Synaptogenesis (formation of synapses between neurons), thus improving memory and cognitive function.

Furthermore, exercise limits the alteration of dopaminergic neurons in the Substantia nigra contributing to optimal functioning of the Basal Ganglia”.

Exercise in general is extremely therapeutic overall, but in terms of the brain it increases that part of the brain responsible for memory and learning called the Hippocampus, and even reversing hippocampal volume loss in late adulthood.

Exercise increases blood flow to the brain, which is what we are trying to achieve, to wake up the hibernating neurons as discussed above, as well as increased oxygen supply, promoting accumulated toxin discharge from the brain through better blood circulation as well as promoting nutrient delivery to brain cells.

To summarize, modalities such as chiropractic adjustment and correction, alongside daily aerobic exercise such as fast walking, jogging etc that increases heart rate and strengthens the cardio system especially if the Parkinson's onset is associated with physical trauma.

In the future there will be articles posted on this site that are entitled 'The Dysfunctional brain, more common conditions and causes' that have been written in concert with Dr B's videos on Cognitive abnormality and Dementia which go into more detail on some of these brain structures.

Alternatively, after years of leading a nutrient deficient/Toxic lifestyle it can take its toll on correct cognitive function giving rise to such conditions as Parkinson's,Huntington's disease and other forms of dementia, including other basal Ganglia associated abnormalities like Sky Dragers syndrome, ALS, Multiple sclerosis, Korsakoff's syndrome and others.

There is a series of articles published on this site that explain the gut flora ( Microbiota ) and specifically in this context the Gut-Brain Axis.

By consuming man made food, administering vaccines, taking prescription medicine and living a stressful lifestyle can also take its toll on the Microbiota ecosystem, causing dysbiosis, allowing pathogenic flora to take control.

As a result, when these pathogens feed, their metabolites are usually toxic which cross the blood brain barrier and accumulate in the brain causing a number of neurological disorders that can elevate to conditions such as Parkinson's.

This is exacerbated by poisonous food made from toxic ingredients which are GMO based and kept from pest damage by pouring estrogenic, antibiotic patented insecticides on the plants, as well as dairy and meat that come from sick animals kept 'healthy' by antibiotic infusion and bovine growth hormones injected into the animals to increase meat and milk yield.

The poisons used in the poultry industry such as formaldehyde and arsenic simply increases the level of toxicity in the human body.

Avoid heterocyclic amines from fried anything, acrylamides from french fries and potato chips and avoid municipal water which is also treated with acrylamides and trans fats from man made margarine.

This amounts to developing an unhealthy gut, toxic blood and systemic ill health.

Again, in the case of non traumatic parkinson's to help improve or even reverse the condition you need to change your dietary and life style choices and reflect them toward organic food and grass fed animal products and avoid anything made by a processed food corporation and avoid meat that comes from a CAFO which is most meat sold in supermarkets.

As I instruct everybody you must take the 90 essential nutrients every day as a supplement.

There are 17 articles on this site that describe the function of these nutrients and explains why they are essential to the body.

Try and eat essential brain food such as eggs at least 6/day/100 pounds of body weight or more to repair possible myelin damage to neurons.

It is essential to compliment healthy dietary/lifestyle choices with regular exercise as described above.

Also take regular wheatgrass juice powder shots ( 1 teaspoon in water on an empty stomach every morning) for about 2 months, and take a break for 1 month and get your blood analyzed to ensure health has been restored to the blood plasma.

@Justin StellmanFYI   @STONEFROG1

• Like 2